Friday 31 October 2014

ALEXI K - HOMAGE TO GIGER ( MK II, work in progress )

To round off this issue, I thought I'd update you on my contribution to the MONSTER CLUB show, which opens in Birmingham, UK, a week from now ( Friday November 7th ).

After a failed attempt at a Giger piece earlier this year ( which you can see by scrolling further down the blog ) , I was determined to do the great man justice.

This is the current state of the work-in-progress. It's labour-intensive, but you really have to put the hours in to get the 'Giger' look. By the time the next edition of MONOBLOG is out, we will know if I have accidentally ruined it by over-working ( very possible ), or if it's truly a fitting tribute to the mastermind that inspired ALIEN and PROMETHEUS. Come back next time to find out!

  
Below: Scene in the studio.
 

 
 
Below: The face in the centre is actually Lady Gaga!